Sunday, July 19, 2009

Zucchini bikini

Ladies and Gents I got much ado about somethings! This summer has been superfantastich and positively experimental ;-) I'm jolted off my rocker that I went to farm today to pick my own, an inspiration to maybe start growing my own too. I would never return to the farm in question. It was 30 minutes away. The staff was a bit unsocial and less helpful than a wall, and the place was as confusing and aggravating as a bell pepper in a chocolate bar(talk about crisis!) Hmph. There were many pick-your-own selections. I did grab some blueberries while I was furiously stomping around in search for something, they were pretty much the only things that were bountiful and easy to find. Maybe we got there too late in the season. The raspberry bushes were covered with beetles and filled with milkweed! (and they were supposed to be the stars of our show but were practically nonexistent!) There were no markers to label ANYTHING. We just got a map that was as helpful as a box of rabbit pellets on a deserted island! We found things by walking around aimlessly, and I am horrible at directions so imagine not even having directions! I am excited that for the first time in my life I got to try Fresh Garlic though! Woo wee child baby, I could make love to that all night underneath the moonlight! It was so crisp and mild, compared to the cured alternatives! I got two bulbs, but they were 2$ a head! Blimey, right a hefty sum, but nothing too outrageous for my precious tastebuds! We got about 6lbs of zucchini, and three onions, fresh from the stalks. The cherries were so high up in their trees, I am no gorilla and hardly mustered any effort to scale up the tree. We failed to obtain anything worth devouring!
The Zucchinis are coming out all over the place(luckily not out of my mouth though)! The first thing I did was fry them, how naughty. But you can't enjoy a vegetable unless you've done the most sinfully delicious thing to it! I mixed some cornstarch(which I am almost out of because like a toddler or perhaps a supergenius, I am amused for hours by it when it is mixed with water) some paprika, pepper, portughese salt, and dried basil (yeah that did nothing *smacks head as to why I added it* experimenting remember!)
MMM. Splish Splash I was taking a batter bath. I dipped those bad boys in water and batter three times in a row. OOO They had such a nice crunchy outer layer and then a soft gooey center. It was like a grilled soycheese sandwhich! Then I mixed some tamari, apple cider vinegar, and added that sassy fresh garlic as a dip and was in salivating heaven! I almost needed my own room with them ;-) I've got about 10 zuchs left, any recommendations of what to do with them, except the obvious, willa? ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm absolutey dying for some zucchini. And I know what you'll do with the rest of those ;-)Your new recipe sounds delicious in a serious way. Hmmm... sounds like your farm there needs some work. I think you should move to Vermont someday, we've got places like that all over, with friendly people and lower prices. How can you turn that down???

    ReplyDelete