Sunday, February 7, 2010

raw raw rawwwks

Foiled by my internal clock. Today is a Saturday, not a Monday, not a Wednesday and not a godforsaken Thursday. On the weekend, it is an obligation(I`ve got a personal contract with Helios!) for the sun rays to cascade upon me and drag me into the depths of consciousness and reality; not an artificial alarm with some nagging, polyphonic beats that train me like one of Pavlov`s dogs. On such a day as this day, where I am permitted to continue my REM cycles completely uninterrupted, I always banzai attack with self sabotage and get a glimpse of the world, only the outer external membranes of my eyelids know. Of course, I am nearly certain about the beet root cause of this. Ces`t moi! It is actually a very natural form of self-awakening, your bladder being the operative alarm. Every night before I slip into my womb like pallet, I ingest nearly two cups of water. I`ve read about native american tribes using this to control their sleeping patterns; the excess water and unconscious body make a perfect alarm clock!nearly)Raw Food Diet Day ONE(officially, maybe).

I've been doing Charleston with raw foods the past couple of weeks, only recently integrating massive quantities of foods in their raw form ( I really need to readjust my preference in favor of raw vegetables(I can devour cooked ones like it's my day job(but if gastronomy is your profession, does that statement not hold much weight?!) Okay, maybe only massive in comparison to my previous raw intakes. I'd say it will be about 85-90% raw,allowing room for about 200kcals to come from enzymatically destroyed products ;-) I have a difficult time getting enough calories, even with the inclusion of cooked meals, nevermind raw ones! I'd reckon my normal caloric intake is around 1350kcal a day(yes, I should know better!), but for the past few months I've really only been eating one cooked meal and everything else raw. I do take Vega Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer. ( supplementation is not evidence that the vegan diet is inferior to the Standard American diet, even omnivores are at risk for certain nutritive deficiencies) word? word. The Vega accounts for half of those nonraw calories (although the product is about 30% raw) and the other may come in the form of some toasted sesame oil I need to finish up ;D. Can we start salivating at the thought of zucchini linguine with carrots, daikons, bok choy, spinach, scallions, and kale all tossed in that oil along with some coconut aminos?!?!?! please, control me. Anyway, today was my lazy Sunday, I spent most of the morning frolicking and skip dancing around in my room to the Mars Volta while nibbling on some fruits and nuts, then consensually conceding to the kracken's loom and started studying for anatomy and doing Spanish homework.
Probably had about 3/4c of nuts today :$ Someone seriously needs to keep them away from me!
They were a mix of macadamias(omg, they're so rich, they are probably like one of Zeus's gallstones), Brazil nuts, and cashews. All raw!
Then I had a banana, apple, satsumas, navel orange, and soon to be kiwi and mango...

No comments:

Post a Comment