Saturday, February 6, 2010

What the goulash am I doing right now?! I could be

  1. studying for anatomy--
  2. studying for biochemistry--
  3. not writing this blog
  4. reading anatomy/biochemistry
  5. skip dancing around my newly expanded room and allowing the king or al jefe to serenade me
  6. speaking to myself instead of writing to myself
  7. ejaculating with excitement over my purchases of the week!!!
Let's go with numero siete! I am all sorts of green goddess giddy about my shoppin and hoppin this weekend. I didn't write an official post, but I am really really reallllllly trying to transition to a raw foods diet! This will be prove to be complicated with budget and time constraints ( yerr it's raw= prep time being achievable, but all my classes are so back to back that I never have time to go to my dorm between them) I also feel mad awkward eating what looks like the stolen contents of senora chiquita banana's hat in front of anyone. Never mind a big salad ( while I enjoy enlightening others about the topic, keep in mind that the nutrition department here is not so open minded themselves) I really would prefer not to be embroiled by a professor with a carrot stick thick list of credentials questioning my alternative eating patterns and my sanity. Who gives a damn though right? The whole staff is hypocritical and epitomize the adage "do as I say, not as I do" If anyone knew any thing about nutrition, they would become a vegan. oh tangent, my B. Anyway, I've always been quite impulsive in my decisions when it comes to these desires. I don't plan things out, I don't spend months reading, reviewing, and making certain that I am prepared to do this. I jump into it immediately and learn as I explore. I just don't hesitate. The biggest hurdle I face is my father. After all, he does provide me with the greens (pun!!!), he accepted veganism ( only the tiniest bit of reluctance when it comes to eating out and my "paranoias") but me trying to explain raw foodism to him will be as difficult as trying to convince him to support me through college as a theater major! Not only that, but I do actually want to change my major, and obviously my college... I've never been interested in the destined fate of most nutrition students---nutritionists, you're pigeonholed there, so CONFINED. The thought of that is draining, vapid and all things gray! Sickened thirst sickened thirst!!! I've realized my interest lies in Nutritional Biochemistry! I find it so intensely fascinating from a biological-physiological-chemical level. I think studying in that field would be more beneficial and provide more opportunities to discover and heal than prescribing foods to people FOReverrRrr and ever and ever ever ever ever ever everrrrrr and have them not change and increase the obesity percentages. Hmm I'll elaborate more about the hypocritical paradox that is nutrition in this country. Back to my purchases: Oh what a lovely day it is...reverbing. If only I could upload a picture of my bounty, but alas*fawns phalanges over forehead* I left it at home! My descriptions should be enough:
  • Four mangos ( I already have two here, so that = six mangos( now how did we figure that total out all you non math majors?)
  • Six pears ( I'm not really fond of them, shhh don't tell them)
  • two pounds of satsumas!!!
  • a four lb bag of navels
  • five bananas (already had three home)
  • six apples
  • a pint of strawberries
  • a pint of blackberries
  • a bag of raspberries
  • a bag of blueberries (yarr I know the debates over the "enzymatic" quality of frozen foods)
  • kale
  • carrots- seven pounds in total ^.^ two lbs from the farmer's market and a bag of five pounds
  • two avocados (already had three at home)
  • four zucchinis
  • two daikons(and have another already)
  • spinach
  • mixed spring greens
  • raw macadamia nuts!!!
  • raw brazil nuts!!!
  • raw cashews!!!
  • dates
  • kiwis
what I have already:
  • spinach
  • mixed spring greens(will be eating massive quantities of the two so I needed to stock up!)
  • broccoli
  • rhubarb kale (omg tastes like sand dirt blergghh)
  • onions
  • scallions
  • beets
will most likely be including something cooked just until i deplete my supplies( quinoa is expensive as hell, there is no way I am wasting it or giving it away) so i may be about 70% raw until those are gone :S. I just feel so inclined to be raw, the energy it provides is unworldly. will finish post later, has overdosed on raw nuts :( Hope there is nothing toxic in them, I saw that house episode darnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment