Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fire Alarm Fry

I'm on a roll, baby! Why not continue the uncontrollable flow of text from my hands by providing something delicious for your viewing pleasures! After being unable to go to the market all weekend, nor Monday due to inability/inconvenience I was finally able to whip up something pleasant to my palate instead of scrounging up what ever was around. Sure I love being creative, but when you have naught vegetables left, you start to go on a meltdown or is that just me who freaks when she doesn't see any fresh greens?! After reuniting with my favorite veggie friends I could hardly know what to do with them except worship them in the sunlight. Okay I know a thing or two to do with food, I decided to whip up old reliable that everyone of us must have a special recipe for -the stir fry!

This stir fry has an even more special significance because of Monday night's events when it was first attempted. By that I mean I got as far as the onions before I set off the fire-alarm. Normally this would cause no reason for panic. Please now, don't worry, the onions were not burnt! Oh yeah, and we were all safe too... which ever one was your first priority :P The real problem was that the fire-alarm was so sensitive that it went off with just a slight bit of smoke(hey the pot was hot!), mind you an old school one that they only way for it to be turned off was for the fire department to come! All show and dance for naught, as I slunk into a slightly embarrassed demeanor, the perfect welcoming song that showed I had arrived and made way for my presence! College wouldn't be the same without my endearing mishaps! Onward, the recipe must be continued!
Weapon of choice: Wok me like a sugarcane!
An essential part of one's kitchen, food just ain't as fun if it's not been taken for a ride on this metal rollercoaster



1. Look at this beauty, beckoning you for its ripe slicing. I loooove the vidalias in a way that is only expressed by the glazed over eyes and salivating tongue I am affected by when it becomes within sight. The sweetness they add is subtle and yet contribute to the dish the way a regular yellow onion just can't satisfy.

2.CHOPCHOPSLICESLICE more slicing, less chopping!

3. Into the wok ye go for yer next journey! Sizzlin'! Let them soften up a bit until they get to the succulent consistency and appearance of these sexy thangs:
Then we add these fine 'fus, all diced up and ready to take a dip and flip!


The next victim: a solo zucchini waiting to be chopped!


BFFS:

Spinach! How else do I maintain my physique? ;-)


My lovers:
spot of oil, splash of tamari

le piece de resistance!:

*claps*
word of sorrow, for some reason the quality of these photos were absolutely horrendous whence uploaded on here due to the large size of their nature, I was most excited about revealing my food photo shoots and now they reflect badly on my sharp shootin' skills! (but that does not fix my indolence and I don't particularly feel like resizing everything D:)

No comments:

Post a Comment