Friday, July 16, 2010

What a better way to make up for my absence than with some salivary gland provoking comestibles. My raw food journey has been revived and resurged, galvanized and kindling as ever! A few weeks ago I even had the luxury of gorging on some gourmets at Rockin' Raw in Brooklyn. (really, that's the only way you'll ever get me back on the G train *shakes fist*) OH, the embodiment of the firmament. My envisioned Shangri-la. I had the best burger ever ever ever and still it resonates through out me, wishing I could transmute my very flesh into their deity of food. it was the physical manifestation of an orgasm, within my hands I held the amalgamation of love and lust. The whole meal was a zesty and piquant flavor dope, and I was swimming in ecstasy.(maybe it was because I was severely dehydrated?! ) It came with these kickin' Nawlin Rings that had a little fire and spice. Some greens were included as well, and they elicited my latent love of raw organosulfides. omg, they were marinated collards, one bite and I knew they must be recreated! It all came with tomatoes, unfortunately. I can have all of the food practices in the world, but when it comes to tomatoes, their restriction is not of my volition. I'm rather intolerant to those ambiguous vegetable-fruits. Sundried tomatoes are the shot of crack in most raw food dishes, they add that savory and zesty, pungent and rich flavor profile. But, there is an expanse of produce out there, why not discover and variegate the components? That trip to NYC was just the jolt I needed, and I've never been as passionate about raw foods as I am now! Here are some of my latest experiments :D
I've been crazyyyy about the local foods movement lately. I was hanging out alot with a mate who is such an adamant advocate of the practice. I've been berry picking galore! The best advice I can give to you is to bring someone along who doesn't like the berries that you are foraging for. You exponentially increase your product and there is no fear of lose ;-)



Avocados, local blueberries, local garlic, local collards, local cucumber, local onions, and some carrots from afar!

No comments:

Post a Comment